Early Childhood Music Therapy
Early Childhood Music Therapy is for young children, ages 0-3, who need extra support in the areas of speech and language, motor development, self-expression and socialization and who like music! Music experiences are created based upon specific targeted goals for each child. As the participants ‘music’ together, non-musical skills are encouraged!
- Vocal interventions and kazoo play are utilized to elicit vocalizations and develop oral skills.
- Instrumental improvisations allow for non-verbal expression, which is one essential developmental skill before the emergence of speech.
- Consonant chants and songs are chosen based upon the current verbal skills of the group members.
- Singing and Signing Song experiences help young children learn early sign language skills.
- Sitting/standing/lying on the big gathering drum provides opportunities for the music to stimulate many senses and involve the children at many levels.
- Specific instruments are chosen depending upon each child’s fine motor/gross motor abilities and needs for ‘Everybody Play’ experiences.
- Movement interventions, utilizing the cooper band, scarves, streamers, bean bags, etc., are created to develop gross and fine motor skills.
Saturdays, 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Tuition is $160 per semester (10 weeks)
Classes begin on Jan. 21.
Please call the CMS office at 355-7661 to enroll.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.